Edit the PTR record for a single IP address.
setPtrRecordForIpAddress() sets a single reverse DNS record for a single IP address and returns the newly created or edited SoftLayer_Dns_Domain_ResourceRecord
record. Currently this method only supports IPv4 addresses and performs no operation when given an IPv6 address.
||The IP address whose PTR record you wish to set.
||The PTR record you wish to set.
||The time-to-live value of the PTR record.
- Throw the exception “Please provide an IP address.” if the ipAddress parameter is empty.
- Throw the exception “Please provide a PTR address.” if the ptrRecord parameter is empty.
- Throw the exception “Please provide a valid IP address.” if the ipAddress parameter is not a valid IPv4 or IPv6 address.
- Throw the exception “Please provide a TTL value between 60 and 604800.” if the ttl parameter is less than 60 (one minute) or greater than 604800 (one week).
- Throw the exception “Access denied.” if the user making the method call does not have access to the IP address they wish to set a PTR record for.
- Throw the exception “Unable to save PTR record.” if the SoftLayer is unable to set your PTR record.