Add multiple hardware to a portal user’s hardware access list.
Add multiple hardware to a portal user’s hardware access list. A user’s hardware access list controls which of an account’s hardware objects a user has access to in the SoftLayer customer portal and API. Hardware does not exist in the SoftLayer portal and returns “not found” exceptions in the API if the user doesn’t have access to it. addBulkHardwareAccess() does not attempt to add hardware access if the given user already has access to that hardware object.
Users can assign hardware access to their child users, but not to themselves. An account’s master has access to all hardware on their customer account and can set hardware access for any of the other users on their account.
- Throws the exception “You may not grant or deny Master User device access.” when trying to add hardware access to a master user.
- Throws the exception “You may not grant or deny yourself device access.” when trying to add hardware access to the user making the call to the SoftLayer API.
- Throws the exception “You may not grant or deny device access to other users.” when trying to add hardware access the user making the API call is not their account’s master user or does not have the “USER_MANAGE” portal permission.
- Throws the exception “Please specify a valid hardware id.” if the given hardware id is not a valid hardware id.
- Throws the exception “Unable to add user hardware access.” if the API was unable to assign hardware access to the given portal user.